- WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND WHY
- Information submitted by you: At times, we may ask you to provide information about yourself in order to better serve you. For example, some of the information collected may include name, title, address, phone number, email address, and personal information concerning your interests, occupation, gender and other demographic information. We do not require this information to obtain access to any area of our Site.
- Information collected by Cookies: We also make use of website "cookies" to help you use our services more easily and to help us continuously improve our Site and our service to you. A "cookie" is a small data file that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer to help our Site "remember" information about you to make it easier and more efficient to use our Site. Our Site also employs session cookies. A session cookie does not remain on your computer after you close your web browser window. Our session cookies contain none of your personal information and cannot be used to track you around the internet. Our session cookies can only be used by this Site and they only exist for the duration of your visit. Depending on the settings in your browser, you may have the option to deny the session cookie; however, doing so may negatively impact upon the performance of the Site or restrict us in better serving your needs and interests. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED?
- User Identification: For our sites that offer user registration, we may retain this information on a secure server so that on re-visiting our Site, you will not need to re-enter that information. We may use this information in an aggregated form to measure number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. We collect this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
- Contacting You Concerning Promotions and New Products: When you provide us your email address, we may send you emails necessary to process your order or respond to a request. Recipients of our Electronic Gift Certificates will receive an email notifying them of the gift and instructing them how to redeem it. In addition, we will from time to time send you promotional emails unless you have chosen to be removed from our email list. Instructions on how to unsubscribe are included in each edition of the newsletter.
- Use of Your Information: At times, we may request you to provide personally identifiable information to identify you as a user of the Site and to assist and speed the completion of transactions on the Site. We may also use information collected about your preferences and activities at the Site, such as the particular pages you request at the Site and purchases or other transactions you effect through the Site. We may vary the content you receive in future visits to the Site based on your preferences and activities.
- Disclosure of Your Information: We contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Starter.com.
From time to time, we make our mailing list (names and addresses only) and general shopping activity available to carefully screened companies whose products we believe will be of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share any information with these companies, please contact us.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
Other than what is indicated above, we will not disclose your personally identifiable information to any persons or entities outside of our company, nor lease, license, sublicense, rent, transfer, disclose, disseminate or otherwise grant access to such information unless:
- Disclosure of Aggregate Information: We may combine your personally identifying information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Site in a particular geographic region or to track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users' information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of personal information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
- How Can I "Opt-out" of Receiving Communications? We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive catalogs or other communications from Starter.com, please contact us at the address shown below. If you no longer wish to receive our Email Newsletter you also may contact us at the address below or unsubscribe using the link provided in each edition of the email.
If you do not want to receive mailings from other carefully screened companies, please contact us at:
100 Corporate Drive
Lebanon, NJ 08833
Please be sure to provide us your exact name and address, or the mailing label from your catalog, so that we can be sure to identify you correctly. Because mailings are planned in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If, due to human error, you continue to receive unwanted communications, please contact us again and we will make every effort to correct the situation.
III. WHAT WE DO TO KEEP THIS SITE SECURE
- Security: We employ procedural and technical safeguards to secure your personal information against loss, theft, alteration, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Any information you enter on our accounts setup page is encrypted before transmission to our server by using 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption software. You can safely enter your credit card and personal registration information and it cannot be read in transit to our server. We also employ many security procedures to protect your information from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company.
Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
What You Can Do To Protect Your Information?
(i) Use only secure websites when disclosing your information. Secure pages begin with "https".
(ii) Avoid using easy to figure out access and personal ID (PIN) codes.
(iii) Never respond to unsolicited requests for your social security number or financial information.
(iv) Do not disclose your passwords to the Site or your account information to any other person.
(v) Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- Hypertext Links: Our Site may contain "links" to other websites, and we cannot and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Site. If you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from this Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites' policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Site.
- INFORMATION FROM PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13
NOTICE: Visit www.OnGuardOnline.gov for tips from the Federal Trade Commission on protecting kids' privacy online. We do not seek to collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received such information online from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it from our records. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under the age of 13 who has provided personally identifiable information to us, please inform us by contacting us at cs@Starter.com and we will remove such information from our database. If you are concerned about your children's use of the Site, you may use web filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing customerservice@Starter.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
- Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF US TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ANY PRODUCTS OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE OR U.S. $100.00.
Last Updated: March 30,2022
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: May 2022
The STARTER mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by STARTER (“STARTER”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to STARTER’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of STARTER through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with STARTER. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +18556911587 or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other STARTER mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +18556911587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please read our above privacy notice.